Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 06:58:39 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: My 100CT arrived... questions

I guess there weren't a lot of ovenight UPS packages going from Ohio to
Florida, this 100CT shipped ground got here in 2 days!

It seems to function properly, but the first thing I noticed on close
examination is that it was dropped at some point.  Something that the ad on
EBay didn't mention, and that I neglected to ask about.  But as everything
else seems to be working alright... I guess it's just something to live
with.

A couple questions:

* Is it normal for the lid to have a lot more play moving it forward and
backward before meeting resistance than the 50/70s?  It's wider, so maybe
that explains things.

* Is it normal for the mouse on the 100 to be as stiff as this one is?  I
have to really hold tightly and use a lot more energy to move the mouse than
my 50/70.  And it's a bit harder to move the mouse to the right, as it is to
move it to the left.  Is there anyway anyone knows of loosening it up?

* Is it necessary to install drivers to provide support for the EPR?  Cards
aren't recognized when inserting them into the  EPR PC card slots, so I'm
assuming I'll need to get the driver from the Toshib website.

* Is it near impossible to find a power cord to go from the battery charger
to the 100?  The darned plug at the Lib end is proprietary, and I didn't get
the thing along with the charger, adaptor for 100/110 batteries, and AC
adaptor.

* Is it normal for the 100 screen not to be as bright as the 50/70?

I notice that the video drivers that the guy installed are from Microsoft,
not the Toshiba.  I wouldn't think that would cause the screen to be dimmer
than the 50/70s.  Looking around the system a bit, I'm wondering if >any< of
the Toshiba drivers have been installed.  There's no Start menu option for
Toshiba Utilities, and the power meter is Microsofts.  Anyway... I can sort
through this stuff.  I'd better get all the drivers.

Ooou... Outlook Express is set up!!  Oh boy!

Matt

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!