Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:32:56 +0800 (CST)
From: =?big5?q?tradelink=20tradelink?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] My Libretto 50CT cannot charge up!!!

 --- Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 的郵件內容:>
> I would *carefully* inspect the rest of that
> motherboard for signs of water
> damage or similar deposits. If in doubt, take photos
> of all of the mobo and
> post it up if you want us to have a look. I dunno
> about anyone else but to
> me that doesn't look like straight corrosion, more
> it looks like someone
> accidentally spilt liquid of some sort onto the
> laptop, dropped it in water
> or otherwise got it wet, but managed to yank the
> main pack (and external
> PSU) out before it could cause too much apparent
> damage (there does seem to
> be more discoloration around the main battery
> connector than I recall on my
> laptop but it could just be the angle the photo was
> taken at), but they
> forgot about the backup battery, which sat there
> partially shorted out
> (notice that the deposits are around the components
> that are directly
> energised by the backup battery). I fear the worst
> case situation here
> would be that anything that was energised by that
> backup battery, including
> the BIOS and CPU, may well have suffered some form
> of damage.

I haven't found any similar corrosion other than the
part I circled after careful inspection on my
motherboard.  Thanks god.

> This may also explain the issues you're having with
> charging, if the pack
> wasn't yanked out *quite* fast enough it may well be
> that part of the
> battery circuitry may also be damaged (hence it may
> well be possible that
> the fuse you've circled may be open, check it with
> an ohmmeter first though).

I have also tested the fuse which I circled in red, it
is close.

May be I should insert a new backup battery to see if
it works or not.

However, is it easy to find this kind of backup
battery?

> - Raymond

Thanks a lot Raymond!!

Alan.