Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:43:11 +0100
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] FD Image

> rawwrite is windows only.
In the linux world, this is the 'dd' command.
You can use these tools to copy anything. There's no problem it'll work with your floppies..
Julian

Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:31:02 +0000
From: barnacle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 06:20:57 -0800
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:17:23 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/22/03 5:25:16 AM Mountain Standard Time,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Lee,

Would rawrite2 and raread1.1 work with non PC based floppies?  I have
vintage industrial equipment that came with floppy drives in case the
machines hanged and needed to be hard reset-ed.  I know they are of some
propietary format (e.g. Mitsubishi and Fanuc controllers).  When those
boot floppies of mine go bad and I don't have any backup ... I'm gonna be
in big trouble ...

Oliver

My guess would be yes, but it is purely a guess.  There would be no harm in
trying it, except for one more read of, and associated wear to, the
floppies. Maybe Neil or other non-DOS gurus have experience here?

Lee

AFAIK, rawrite and friends exist for various machines - pc, amiga etc - but it doesn't look as if there's a lot of support for non-standard disks. If they use a standard sector/track layout, there's a chance... (using a suitable sized disk drive on a pc)

rawwrite is windows only.

Neil

GRAND JEU SMS : Pour gagner un NOKIA 7650, envoyez le mot IF au 61321
(prix d'un SMS + 0.35 euro). Un SMS vous dira si vous avez gagné.
Règlement : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/sign.sms