Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:02:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Which NIC for my Libbys?

> Both LinkSys cards ($40 for both 16 bit and 32 bit) and the D-Link 32 bit
> card ($30) have those nice fat exterior sockets.  But my question is, are

  True, but non have internal flush sockets except the 3Com and Xircom? as I
recall.....?

> there things that the 32 bit cardbus models are capable of that the 16 bit
> card (which I could use in the L70) is >not< capable of?  EG: transfer
> certain rates? Any reason to go with 32 bit cards over the 16 bit one?

  Realistically, no.  Just buy whatever works.

> Do you have a model number and price for that model David.  With the combo
> feature, I'm guessing it's going to be a bit more expensive than the 3 NIC
> cards I mnetioned above.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=3c3fem656c&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&sotextsearched=2&BasicSearch=

  3COM 3c3fem656c
  Terrible price at $15-19 <grin> for this excellent Type III combo card I'm
using.

  =)

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/