Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:56:10 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Which NIC for my Libbys?

> Here's the D-Link version.  Isn't it what you're referring to as having,
> "internal flush sockets":
>
> http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DFE-690TXD

  Nope.  This one has a connector block attached to the end of a type II pcmcia
card, so the entire block sits outside of the Libretto itself.  The 3com unit
is integrated into one TYpe III card, and the connector block (as part of the
entire card) is actually within the Libretto.  Aboslutely nothing sticks out of
the Lib in the 3COM card; the connector block will stick out of the Libretto in
the D-Link case.

> Wow... that >is< a great price, and it's tempting to get a 2nd combo
> modem/NIC card for the 2nd of my Libbys.  But those internal socket models
> look like so much less hassle than even the x-jack models.  Something more
> to cogitate upon.

  Far less hassle, IMO.  I used to worry about stressing the XJack connector
due to the top in design of the connector, but iwth the side in connector of
the type III combo I now have, I don't.  And, as a plus, I can have both
connected (xjack version can do one or the other at a time).

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/