Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:58:39 +0100
From: PERNOD Christophe URR DIJON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] How to calculate cylinder#s from sector#s?

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi David, you wrote:

>Of course, for linux users and lilo and partitioning, it was a lot easier if
>you simply type in the linux script provided by that one guy who figured out an
>'easy' way to determine where the hibernation data was being written on his
>linux powered libertto.

Do you (or someone) remember how this was done ?

I'm geting tired of rebuilding partitions that get thrashed after each
"apm -s"..
I've been playing with "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda8/9/10" (blanking)
and
"od /dev/hda..." (seeing where hibernation data went) without too much
success.

It's on a 10G (9,576Gb) IBM disk with win98, win2k and Linux.
And troubles =)

>see Libretto Mailing list archives for that post.

I was not able to find it -- Google returns only your article
(http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg12846.html),
and the mail-archive seek engine doesn't pop it.

Do you have a few other keywords to suggest me ?

Thanks !

--
christophe.