Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:36:38 +0100
From: Mikkel Breiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] OT: Soldering problem

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:48:22 -0800, "Matt Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 02:46:41 +0000
>From: "Matt Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: OT: Soldering problem
>
>Am trying to cut out a bad section of wire by the driver on one side of a
>pair of headphones, and resolder it.  But the wire is a bunch of very fine,
>hard enamel covered strands.  Just how does one go about stripping off the
>enamel on these fine wires  Scraping is arduous, and not very effective,
>easy or quick.  There must be a quick easy procedure where this is done
>frequently, yes?

Expose the leads from the rubber/plastic place them flat and use fine sandpaper, or
scrape gently with a razorblade, hobbyknife or similar.

What you want to do is expose the amount of leader you need and then take its lacquer
seal off just at the point where you will be soldering it to the speaker.

Zinchchloride (my memory?) can be used with the soldering inron to prep the exposed
unlacquered ends. Then apply some solder on one side of the lead ends, and the iron
on the other, when the solder flows, move the iron and solder away. And whendone on
all leads place them on the soldering point on the speaker - this is probably best
done if you hold the ends together and turn them like wrapping sweets :) - then
solder them into place. This should hold until you yank them hard enough.

Pioneer headset?

-breiler, (Obvously I yanked my headphone cables often)