Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:31:36 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] MaxBlast allegedly able to move Lib100 hibernation area?

> For me this is sufficient proof that it is the extended partition type
> "5" rather than "f" which hampers plain DOS access to FAT partitions > 8
> GB in my case.

  oooh!  sounds like more juicy information to keep in mind!  Looks like this
>8GB thing is becoming 'tougher' to deal with than a simple partition-and-go!
(one reason why you should still use EZ-Drive if you don't understand this
thread - at least this program will get you going w/o any problems)

  This is a very good find -- probably why I remember reading some people
having problems and others not with partitioning >8GB HDs under DOS, but
couldn't figure out what was the difference.

  (Guess this means I'll have to get a new 80GB HD to test out everything we've
learned thus far soon....)

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/