Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:12:45 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Will 4.3G into 50CT go please?

1) L50 & 9.5mm HDs.  As recommended, a full disassembly and removal of the
plastic foam spacers beneath the black plastic sheeting in the HD bay is
recommended to prevent the extra mm from delaminating the RAM chip pins from
the motherboard as some have unfortunately encountered.  You can try and get
away with a fatter HD in the L50 w/o removing those spacers, but don't come
running for help when the RAM pins delaminate.  See Archives for past posts on
this.

2) L110 is the 'best' buy IMO and worth the upgrade from a L50, which I had.
It's fast enough and power enough with a 20+GB HD & 64MB that I haven't gotten
ticked off with it and still use it for email, web surfing, etc.  It's the
'nice' Libretto speedwise among these older models.

   I found that even with an overclocked 100Mhz L50/J, I still couldn't stand
how slow it was under Win98.

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/