Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:27:49 +0000
From: Digby Tarvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [LIB] Toshiba 100GB suggestions..?

I'm about to upgrade my HDD on my 110CT, and it looks to me as though
100GB is the best value for money at the moment (120GB is about 50% more)...

Anyone care to share any experiences with the various models? The
prices seem pretty close, and the main difference in specs seem
to be rotational speed.

One thing that I am interested in finding out is if the HDD activity
led on the Libretto works with any of the available drives. Most of
my larger disks have caused this LED to remain stuck on, which I
gather is a known problem (or is there a workaround for this?)

I have done a quick survey of local vendors and found the following
drives which are listed as compatible on the adorable libretto site:
 Seagate ST9100824A 5400RPM UK 111.60
 Toshiba MK1031GAS  4200RPM UK  95.77
 Fujitsu MHU2100AH  5400RPM UK 112.77

So I would be particularly interested in any good or bad experiences
with any of those models...

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com