Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:49:55 -0300
From: Jose Tavares <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Margi DVD-To-Go problems

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 21:57 -0800, Matthew Hanson wrote:
> >>on my U105, wide screen too, I play vcd (standard) with 2 black borders on
> >>the sides of the video ....
>
> I missed that... You have a U105 as well as the 70... and Linux on it too.
> I still don't know if there's anything I can learn from info on a video
> stream from that test mpg file made in Linux.  I'd love to be able to work
> with Linux.  But I'm light years from that point.

Yes, I have both of them and they are running Linux..
70CT = Win98SE + Debian Stable
U105 = WinXP + Debian Unstable ..

I'm trying to sell my 70CT because I think I'll not use it anymore..
It's in perfect conditions without any problems with screen, HD, case,
keyboard, mouse ..

About Linux .. Pick a dedicated machine, put Debian Stable and start to
use it.. Start trying to do the things you usually do with free/open
software.. Almost everything can be done with free/open software.. In a
few days you'll be leaving your windows machine off.. :) No more hang
ups ..

I did this 6-7 years ago and a friend of mine said that I should pick up
my best machine to put Linux and I picked up the worst.. After 30 days,
I swapped the machines and put Linux on the best one for everyday
use.. :)

Don't use Linux as you use Windows.. Setup a user account other than
root and use it!.. Forget about the windows way of doing things.. Pick a
good Unix/Linux book with concepts about user management, services,
etc .. It will be worthwhile..

[]
JA Tavares