Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:07:14 +0100
From: Philip Nienhuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Margi DVD-to-Go card works!

Hi Avi:

Avi Cohen Stuart wrote:
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:09:57 +0100
From: "Avi Cohen Stuart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Philip,

I'll check the 32 bit properties. Any hints where I should look?

First try: BIOS settings.
I believe I had it set to "Auto-Selected".
You can try your luck with "16-bit/Cardbus" (sic).
(I think "PCIC-compatible" is strictly 16 bit.)

And check the CPU cache ("write back").

As far as I can see on XP the PCMCIA takes irq 11. I also have these
problems with DVD playback even I use a USB 2.0 and a HD or a DVD drive.

On Win2K both pcmcia-ports take irq 09. Shouldn't make much difference I'd guess.

But XP is an enormous resource hog on a 64 MB 233 Mhz PC. Do you use that to play DVDs?

Any tips on the settings?

Not much more, actually.

I was simply surprised that a 16-bit ISA bus is faster than a 32-bit cardbus (= PCI-extension).

Philip