Hello!

The current Libtool from CVS (head version) fails when I run configure:

ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'

It turns out that the following code from libtool.m4 is at fault:

case "$target" in
NONE) lt_target="$host" ;;
*) lt_target="$target" ;;
esac

With the CVS Autoconf "$target" is an empty string. "$host" is not
empty. This code apparently expects "$target" to be "NONE" for native
configurations.

Question 1. What has Libtool to do with "$target"? Libtool is a wrapper
around the compiler doing the build, not being built.

Question 2. If I'm missing something and more serious modifications are
not needed, shouldn't we write the following code instead?

case "x$target" in
xNONE|x) lt_target="$host" ;;
*) lt_target="$target" ;;
esac

This change passes "make check" in libtool (provided that a typo in
libltdl/ltdl.c if fixed as well)

Just in case, I'm using RedHat Linux 6.1 on i586 with gcc-2.95.2,
bash-1.14.7, m4-1.4, CVS/Head verions of Autoconf, Automake and Libtool.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin