On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Pete Batard <p...@akeo.ie> wrote:
> On 2012.07.03 08:33, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Next time please send patches inline, that makes replying to them for a
>> review a lot easier.
>
> This is getting old.
>
> The thing is, Segher complained once, so I went inline, then Xiaofan
> complained about the extra '>' character, so I reverted back to non
> inline. Note that I also recently had to reinstall Thunderbird (along
> with Windows...), so it's possible some of the defaults for patch
> attachments have been reset. Were you OK with the patches I sent a week
> ago and earlier?
>
> Also, since we're talking about attachments and inline, I find that the
> git e-mail patch format, which is what you sent your RFC patches into,
> makes it harder to identify patches as far as I'm concerned. I would
> very much prefer patches to be sent as actual attachments (preferably
> attached-inline, if that's what people prefer) as it makes it a lot
> easier, as a maintainer, to try to make sure one of them isn't falling
> through.
>
> For now I guess I'll revert back to attached inline, even though this'll
> probably inconvenience Xiaofan again...

Actually what I complained is this one (extra ">" before "From"
which is probably caused by the mailing list software.
>From 7ec94a45ed8155e7a1d4d5d75575099b09c78834 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001

The strange thing is that no matter you go inline or with attachment,
the extra ">" is still there. I can understand the extra ">" when going
inline, but I feel it is very strange that it is still there when you send the
patch as an attachment. So it does not help me much since I still need
to get rid of the extra ">".

The norm of the mailing lists (at least Linux related) seem to be using
inline. So probably just stick to that.

--
Xiaofan