How may I prove you that I'm not providing invalid buffers to libusb?

1) I have already added code to libusb to read and rewrite every byte of the
provided buffer. So if it was a bad pointer case it would certainly have
crashed.

2) The same code runs for days flawless if I just disable the high voltage
power supply which creates EMI. From the software point of view, both
situations (with or without this HV power) are indistinguishable.

My argument is that libusbx should not introduce additional deadlocks (compared
to a client accessing the kernel usb interface directly). The EFAULT returned
by the kernel is easily handled. But when using libusbx we go into a never
ending loop. The situation is clear: since kernel has already dequeued and
freed the urb, we are waiting for an event that will never happen. It seems
like bad logic to me.

When I saw that you reopened the issue 7 months ago i thought you would be
willing to actually investigate and fix the issue, not just dismiss it. So
please excuse me if i got this wrong.

Btw, I will send a patch. I'm working on an embedded system were I cannot have
the luxury of falling into a never ending loop inside libusbx. This system must
run for days unattended. So if you don't to accept the patch that's totally
fine with me, no hard feelings. At least the other users having the same issue
will have a chance of applying the patch manually and recompiling their own
libusbx.

---
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/issues/76#issuecomment-31960266