Are you seriously not conceding that EFAULT can be caused by trying to write
more bytes than the size of the buffer, instead of a bad pointer? If so, you
should read more kernel code, cause at least in ARM with MMU this is explicitly
checked.

You have also not provided any arguments of why the memmove test would fail to
segfault if the pointer were bad.

But this is now up to libusbx maintainers. I'm available to provide more
information if anybody needs. I have already provided a patch, and this patch
says nothing about EFAULT: it is about a logic error in libusbx (trying to
cancel a non-existent urb and then waiting for an event that will never
happen). I already solved my problem, no hard feelings if  you don't want my
fix.

---
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/issues/76#issuecomment-32018846