An EFAULT error indicates we've have bad pointers and are writing / reading
random memory at that point all bets are off. If you can show me a real-world
example where we get another error then EFAULT and go into an infinite loop,
then I'm interested in fixing that. For the EFAULT problem you need to debug
where the EFAULT is coming from and fix that, not paper over the bug by fixing
non issues.

---
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/issues/76#issuecomment-32017346