"Lance" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> What modules have to be installed for LWP::UserAgent to read SSL pages?  I
> have been trying to install Crypt-SSLeay, but I keep getting the message:
> 'Error: no suitable installation target found for package Crypt-SSLeay.'
>
> I am using ActiveState 5.6.1-build 633 on win XP
>
> I have been trying to use ppm3 to do the install, is there a way to get it
> to list dependances of modules you are trying to install?  The docs say
that
> it will automatically install dependant modules, but it does not seem to
be
> working for me!

OK, I finally found out why Crypt-SSLeay won't install.  It is a
Solaris-only module!  I used 'describe Crypt-SSLeay' in ppm3 to find this
out.  So the next question is:  How can I use my perl script to read https
pages?  I keep getting a 501 http error code - protocol not available.

The LWP docs say to use Crypt-SSLeay, btw.  But no alternatives.