On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:12:26 +0100
"Christian B. Wiik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No, they don't ;) They ask the client behind the firewall to try a
> direct connection in the other direction. Licq does this too.
(snip)
> Sending mesages through server is, in other words, only theoretically
> needed when both clients are behind firewalls.

If it's only "theoretically" needed, how do you propose to request the remote client
(the one behind the firewall) "open the door" for you by attempting a connection to
you?  You still need to send at least the initial request through the server (if I'm
not mistaken) to get your request to the client behind the firewall.

--

Jamin W. Collins