Not sure if this helps, but I've been succesfully using Eclipse + Q +
Multi-module projects + scala for several months now.  Yes the scala plugin
is a bit flaky, but with some persuasion I can usually make it do what I
want.  That being said, the presentation compiler tends to die on any
project more complex than the eclipse plugin itself...

-Josh