Even if I find maven quite helpful for Lift there are people that just
want to stay away from maven. I can understand that. Perhaps it would
be helpful to also have some ant script to build a lift project? ...
or perhaps have a downloadable zip archive from lift's site that
contains incipient projects like the results produced by Lift's
archetypes? ... so that people can just download that project zip file
with the ant build in it and then start building the app on top of
that? ... would that work ?

Br's,
Marius