Chas,

Oooh! i love miracles, as in how we get from 'here' to 'there' is 'and then
a miracle occurs'.

On the other hand, another way to accomplish a miracle of this type is by
fiat. There's nothing to prevent lift from providing a code path that works
like this, along side a code path that includes the current HTML nightmare.
If there is genuine value in the vision, eventually people will start to
gravitate to the other way of doing things -- especially, if there are some
compelling examples that match what they are trying to do in their immediate
concerns.

Can you lay out the necessary pieces in more detail (for an idiot, like
myself)? Can we make one sample site that works like this?

Best wishes,

--greg

--
L.G. Meredith