Interesting discussion! I think I see a bit where Glenn is coming
from. To me it's about *ease* of interoperability.
For enterprise architectures the most important question is: to what
extent is Lift helping me to build a **composable** software system.
A composable software system will offer gradual change from one
architecture to another and it will make this migration easy.
So suppose I am having a Spring based architecture with Hibernate and
struts and want to migrate this to Lift.
I think it would be a good exercise to check how such an architecture
can be gradually migrated to a lift based architecture.
So what to do if I just want to replace struts or hibernate. Or what
if I want to start with migrating my POJO's to POSO's.
My guess is that this is all possible in Lift but I haven't seen
anything in the code or docs that facilitates this.
Maybe I have overlooked something but what I have seen so far is based
on an "all or nothing" approach
(also nothing wrong with that, e.g. Grails doesn't facilitate this
either and this is a very productive framework as well).

Regards, Rintcius