I've been hammered on this matter and I accept the results and learned
some things in the process. In the end, what we end up with
is a Java EE web application, with all the good and all the baggage
that entails, and I rather like lift's templating strategy
and out-of-the-box persistence capability . I'm working on integrating
with an ATOM server and if I run into
some difficulties, I'll post them. Over and out.