Jean-Adrien <jean.vauc...@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

I have the same issues with the localized properties....

> = Conclusion =
>
> The problem here comes from my initial configuration. But in my sense
> it is not a good idea to store i18n data in another format than UTF-8.

Agreed

> Maybe lift should not use java.util.Properties to handle i18n strings.

Could be nice, but not java standard, so there may be interop
problems. But maybe a LiftRule setting for a UTF8 property reader

> Moreover keys in properties file does not allow spaces, and the
> feature to use S ? "a key with space that will be used as a default
> value" does not work.

You can have spaces in keys:

Last\ Name = Efternavn

> Another approach would be to use java.util.Properties in its xml form:
> <entry key="key">value</entry> this one supports UTF-8, but once can
> find it too versatile.

Oh no! I definitely don't want to go that route...much too verbose.

/Jeppe