Hi, I'd like to get some opinions on the following.
You may want to read http://reviewboard.liftweb.net/r/158/.

I have on Review Board a patch for some date-and-time parsing and formatting
configuration. I put the settings inside a singleton object called
ConversionRules.
The question is, where do these configurations belong?
Marius feels that LiftRules is the place where people look for all
Lift-related configuration. So that the LiftRules code shouldn't become too
monstrous, it makes sense to put the code in ConversionRules and have a val
in LiftRules pointing to ConversionRules.
My opinion is that LiftRules is, at least for the most part, http-
(lift-webkit) related, and should be that way. I would actually prefer to
ConversionRules in lift-util, but it relies on Factory which is in webkit.
Preferably Factory could be moved to lift-util and ConversionRules with it.
Now I suppose pointing LiftRules to ConversionRules is possible even if the
latter is moved to lift-util, so I guess it really boils down to whether it
would be beneficial for ConversionRules to be presented as "side by side"
with LiftRules, or as a member of it. (If the latter, I suppose
ConversionRules could be made private[liftweb] so there's only one path to
it...)
Thoughts?
Thanks!