Sounds good!

-------------------------------------
David Pollak<feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:

A ConversionRules singleton is the wrong concept.

What you want is:

case class DateHolder(date: JodaTime) {
  implicit def asJt: JodaTime = date
  implicit def asJavaDate: java.util.Date = // convert to Java date here
}

object DateHolder {
  implicit def dateToDH(in: java.util.Date): DateHolder = ...
  implicit def jtToDH(in: JodaTime): DateHolder = new DateHolder(in)
}

trait DateTimeConverter {
  def formatDate(in: DateHolder): String
  def formatTime(in: DateHodler): String
  def parseDate(in: String): Box[DateHolder]
  def parseTime(in: String): Box[DateHolder]

in util:

object DateTimeConverter {
  def vend(locale: java.util.Locale): DateTimeConverter = build/cache locale
specific converters here
}

So, we've addressed the JodaTime vs. java.util.Date issue.  Next we hook
things up to LiftRules:

LiftRules {
  val dateTimeConverter = new FactoryMaker[DateTimeConverter](() =>
DateTimeConverter.vend(S.locale))
}

Make sense?

Surf the harmonics