    BH> To do it now you would have to get LaTeX to associate a
    BH> footnote with a particular eps file but stop it rendering the
    BH> footnote marker. If no one else wants to I will look into
    BH> this!

Getting latex to not render a footnote marker is pretty easy.  You
just say:

     \footnotetext[1]{Here's the first footnote.}

If you leave out the number in brackets, Latex will pick a number for
you.  So all you have to do is have your .lytex file be in sync with
your .ly files about what the numbers of the footnotes are.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011