On 28 September 2012 15:12, Phil Holmes <em...@philholmes.net> wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł"
> <janek.lilyp...@gmail.com>
> To: "Phil Holmes" <m...@philholmes.net>

But that's beside the point though right? :)

I mean I couldn't ever envisage half the stuff that others seem to
require before I joined the LilyPond dev lists.

I guess the point here is if you have 2 points of reference it makes
it more flexible to align than just 1 and then you have manually tweak
it.

for example if you had a square box and you wanted the tick inside it
in 'naturally; (I'm using a silly example here) that you'd not want to
align the bottom of the tick but the place where Werner was talking
(i.e. the pit of the tick).

james