Il giorno dom 19 lug 2015 alle 7:33, Werner LEMBERG <w...@gnu.org> ha scritto:
 Federico suggests that *the website* doesn't have to be available in
 PDF or info format.  He doesn't speak of manuals.

This fine distinction was definitely not obvious in his first e-mail.

Really?
Quoting myself, "tool for the website only" seems pretty clear:

Il giorno sab 18 lug 2015 alle 20:04, Federico Bruni <f...@inventati.org> ha scritto: I wish we could use a modern tool for the website (there are nice static website generators around.. I've recently started testing cactus¹). I'm pretty sure that other people might be more motivated to contribute if we changed the tool for the website only.