Han-Wen wrote:

>>- It is not possible to have multiple precent repeat behave a la "skipBars"
>>

>That's more difficult. You would have to look into
>percent-repeat-engraver.cc and percent-repeat-iterator.cc I'm also not
>sure what you really want. AFAIK the syntax for repeating longer
>fragments is
>
> . ///
>  ///.
>
>(number of slashes = number of measures.) I've seen numbers on top
>just to help people, i.e.
>

>  1   2   3
>  % | % | % | etc.
>
>which one do you want?

\property score.skipPercent ##t
\repeat "percent" 5
{
c2 c |
}

should produce  (bad ASCII graphics)

                   4
|   o   o   |          |
|   |    |    |    %   |
|             |          |

like the old construct

\property score.skipBars=1;
c2 c |
\repetitions 1*4 |

did with 1.2.17.

Also knowing how to put numbers above bars to help reading like in your
example
wold be helpful.
I need these features to typeset marching band parts. Squeezing 200+
measures into
one 210mm * 145mm page is really difficult.

I will answer on the other points later.
Thanks a lot,

Ciao,

Antonio