well you need to
1. remove the space with sed, so music  % 1 becomes  %1 also I added "a" at
the end so it wouldn't get confused ie. %1 will also remove %10 %100 etc
2. since you used it after measure one sed can only delete measures after
-- so 2 on

you could just input %1x in the files where you need to delete them ....
but then why not just delete it :)

I suppose a nice bash script could fix all that though!

HTH
Stephen