Am 29.04.2016 um 15:50 schrieb Alexander Kobel:
There's one single reason why I sometimes prefer even small code pieces
in attachments, despite the fact that I usually like to read them
inline: If there is a lone ">>" (which happens quite often in LilyPond
code, for obvious reasons), it messes up with many mail client's idea of
what a quote is.

Thunderbird sees a quote in a quote here, for example. But if you select and copy the text, this is copied as >> so no problem here ;) Maybe other clients ‘think’ the same way?