On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 9:54 AM, BGM [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n191853...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> How can I insert this text in between staves?
>
> mytext = \markup { \tiny \italic  "Repeat Chorus after every verse "  }
>
> The only place I can seem to place it is *outside* the score - either
> before or after it.  I've tried putting it in other places too, to no
> avail.  If I put it before or after the score it just appears at the top of
> the score on the first page.
> --------------------------------------
>
> \paper {
>     system-system-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 0.3) (padding . 2) )
>     markup-system-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 0.3) (padding . 2)
> )        %re-aligns the first page to th top
>     %ragged-last-bottom = ##f
>     ragged-bottom = ##f
> }
>
> chorus= \new Voice = "chorus" \relative c'' {
>     g a b c d \break
> }
> verses = \new Voice = "verses" \relative c'' {
>     g a b c d \break
> }
> chorusLyrics = \new Lyrics \lyricsto "chorus" {
>     These are the words to the chorus
> }
> firstVerse =  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verses" {
>     The words to my song
> }
> secondVerse =  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verses" {
>     Other words go here
> }
>

> \score{
> <<
>     \new Staff {  \chorus \myText \pageBreak \myText \verses }
>      \chorusLyrics
>     \firstVerse
>     \secondVerse
>

> \layout{}
> }

I'm only guessing where you want to place it (since you didn't say more
than "between"), but if you want it at the bottom of the chorus/verse
section, then just attach it to a note on that particular staff and direct
it down/up-ward, respectively:

chorus = \new Voice = "chorus" \relative c'' {
  g a b c d_\myText \break
}

verses = \new Voice = "verses" \relative c'' {
  g^\myText a b c d \break
}

HTH,
Abraham