There are two things about rehearsal marks in orchestral scores I'd like to
know about.

Firstly, how can I separate rehearsal marks (and other structural stuff like
\break or \pageBreak) from the actual musical content?  Can I somehow add a
virtual staff to carry the rehearsal mark information?  I think I remember
seeing something like that before, but I can't seem to find any documentation
about it.

Secondly, how can I make rehearsal marks appear both on the very top staff and
the top staff of the strings?  As far as I can see, rehearsal marks will always
be put at the very top staff.

Thanks!
Thomas