I'm with you, Kevin.  "mass abandonment of critical thinking skills and
common sense", is right on target.

I'm an IT professional, and I can completely sympathize and appreciate all
that Jean deals with.  Thank You, ALL, for your largely thankless efforts.
You provide such a valuable service to the Lilypond community in support of
a very powerful and somewhat complex piece of software.  Think how much
something of this quality would cost in a commercial setting?!

I think it'd be perfectly acceptable to auto-reply to non-members with a
polite "Subscribe to post to this list" type of message.  If you can't take
the time to become a member of a list/community, then there should be no
expectation that the community will take the time to respond to the request.

-Jeff. :)

--
*Jeff Kopmanis*
Medium: https://kopmanis.medium.com

** Go Green and leave this email on the Screen! **