Hi list!

I've come across some placing or spacing weirdness with dynamics.

In the attached example \dynamicsA is what I tried to code, aka the \< starts directly after the \mf. What I expected is what you see in \dynamicsB. However it seems as if the combo \mf\< does use some musical time which makes the \f appear 1 quaver later than I had expected.

Is this behaviour expected or a bug?

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: m...@qata.de

music = {
  c'4 c'4 c'4 c'4 | c'4 c'4 c'4 r4 \bar "|."
}

dynamicsA = {
  s2. \after 8... \mf\< s4 | s2 s2\f |
}

dynamicsB = {
  s2. \after 8... \mf s4 | \after 8 \< s2 s2\f |
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Dynamics { \dynamicsA }