Aloha.

I need to attach the word to the rest so the rest of the lyrics align properly.  I don't think shifting it will do the job (although I'll try it).

J.

On 1/2/24 11:26, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Aloha!

I'm struggling to align some lyrics and the problem seems to be that I cannot
find any way to align syllables to rests.
Do you want to attach the syllable(s) to the rest(s), or simply nudge the
syllable left a little (e.g., to relax the lyric spacing that follows)?

If the latter, then try:

\version "2.24.3"

global = {
   \time 4/4
   \key b \major
   \tempo 4=80
}

\score {
   <<
     \new Staff {
      \relative c' {
      \global
         r4 r8 fis8 fis [fis fis gis ( ] gis4 ) e8  e ( e4 ) r4 |
         r4 r8  dis16 dis dis8 e4 fis8 |
     \addlyrics {
        \tweak self-alignment-X #0.5 but  it's writ -- ten in the star -- light
__ _ _

[where you can obviously adjust the #0.5 to your liking]

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.

--
John Helly / San Diego Supercomputer Center / Scripps Institution of
Oceanography