On Wed, 10 Jan 2024, Raphael Mankin wrote:

> That strikes me as being a programmer's response, and I speak as a programmer
> for over 50 years. Using <> works, but it is unintuitive. If s0 is more
> intuitive then that should be considered for future inclusion.

It's intuitive to me that s0 means a spacer rest of infinite duration,
because it's one whole note divided by zero.  And it opens the door
to using 0 as a duration denominator for other things than "s", as in "c0"
and "<c e g>0", let alone constructions like "s0." which would seem to be
a spacer of one and one half times infinite duration.  I don't think it's
a good idea to open those doors.  There doesn't seem to be any way to
allow zero as the duration denominator except as a unique exception; it
cannot be done in a way that's consistent with other syntax.

--
Matthew Skala
msk...@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before tribes.