Aloha.

Here's an MWE to exhibit the issue.

I have a flat note (bes) that I want to transpose down 4 half-tones to F#.  However, when the transpose is applied, the result is Gb.  I understand that a flat note was the initial value so maybe LP is preserving that specification?

Nonetheless, short of re-writing the whole piece in A rather than C#, is there a way to specify the enharmonic representation for an F# rather than Gb, for example?

bflat = \chordmode { bes1 }
<<
\transpose cis' a {
 \new ChordNames { \bflat  }