Mahalo, Jean.

That works perfectly.  Exactly what I was hoping for.  All the chordnames are correctly resolved to the proper enharmonic.

J.

On 3/12/24 22:55, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

Mahalo, X. I am using the naturalizeMusic function and will look into extending that.  Maybe that has some nuggets to mine.

|\naturalizeMusic| is not going to work well on |\chordmode| music (it will destroy the interval in chords, leading to wrong chord names), but you can use code like this instead:

|\version "2.24.2" enharmonization = { c cis d ees e f fis g gis a bes b } converter = #(make-semitone->pitch (music-pitches enharmonization)) \layout { \set ChordNames.chordRootNamer = #(lambda (pitch lowercase) (note-name->markup (converter (ly:pitch-semitones pitch)) lowercase)) } bflat = \chordmode { cis dis e fis gis a bis cis bes } \transpose cis' a { \new ChordNames { \bflat } } |

Best,

Jean

--
John Helly / San Diego Supercomputer Center / Scripps Institution of
Oceanography