Mahalo, X. I am using the naturalizeMusic function and will look into extending that.  Maybe that has some nuggets to mine.
J.

On 3/12/24 21:43, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 at 04:51, John Helly <hel...@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Aloha.
>
> Here's an MWE to exhibit the issue.
>
> I have a flat note (bes) that I want to transpose down 4 half-tones to F#.  However, when the transpose is applied, the result is Gb.  I understand that a flat note was the initial value so maybe LP is preserving that specification?
>
> Nonetheless, short of re-writing the whole piece in A rather than C#, is there a way to specify the enharmonic representation for an F# rather than Gb, for example?

Hello,

Instead of putting \transpose cis' a you could put the enharmonic \transpose des' a Then you would have a F# instead of a Gb, but that would change the other pitches as well in the new (equivalent) tonality.

There is also the naturalizeMusic function documented in NR 1.1.2 Transpose pitches with minimum accidentals ("Smart" transpose) that could help.

Kind regards,
Xavier

--
John Helly, University of California, San Diego / San Diego Supercomputer
Center / Scripps Institution of Oceanography / 760 840 8660 mobile