Regarding MacOs porting, a valid alternative would be to run the linux version of Frescobaldi from a Docker container

A Dockerfile like this one

FROM ubuntu

RUN apt update-yq&& apt install-y frescobaldi pulseaudio&& apt clean-y

RUN mkdir -p/Users/<userName>/Scores
WORKDIR /Users/<userName>/Scores
ENV XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp
ENV PULSE_SERVER=docker.for.mac.localhost

CMD frescobaldi

should made the trick.

Then create the image

docker build . -t fresco_image

Lastly, invoke the container

#! /bin/sh # Pre-requisites: # brew install pulseaudio # brew services start pulseaudio xhost +
docker run --rm  -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix \
      -v /Users/<userName>/Scores/:/Users/<userName>/Scores/ \
      -e PULSE_SERVER=docker.for.mac.localhost \
      -v ~/.config/pulse:/home/pulseaudio/.config/pulse \
      -e DISPLAY=docker.for.mac.host.internal:0 \
      fresco_image

I have to fine tune this (midi playback not working yet) , but it is fully working from an editing and compilation perspective, including point-and-click

Xavier Mayeur