I think that all sounds good, but that kind of rework is probably
going to involve a lot of regression risk (what are the tests like
right now?), but also a ton of opportunities for improvements to the
extent that it might be a good time to make a break from backward
functional compatibility, maybe brand it as something else, and market
it as the next gen or something like that. It sounds like the code as
it is is in kind of a bad state, we've got people here on this list
that care about that code but don't have time to do much more than
review your changes, but then you are showing a lot of initiative to
contribute and have the skills and interest to take this kind of
project on. We could all just take a step back and see what you do?