Hello, all --

I'd like to hear other people's ideas about this.

I almost exclusively use the (local) PDF docs as my first target -- full text searches are easy and complete.

Next (i.e., if I don't find the answer there), I use the lilypond.org docs -- usually by this point, I know precisely where the answer will (should) be.

Third, I search the list archives -- often, if the docs don't have the answer, someone else has run into the same problem before.

Lastly (i.e., if too much time has passed and I still don't have the answer), I search using Google -- in general, I find all such searches to be so algorithmically general that they are less helpful than the above methods in finding a very specific answer quickly.

Best regards,
Kieren.