  From: Neil Puttock
  To: Romel Anthony Bismonte
  Cc: lilypond-user@gnu.org
  Sent: Tuesday 21 August 2007 23 18
  Subject: Re: Battle of the beginning of a measure: Rehearsal marks vs. Manual
volta brackets

  Hi Romel,

    How do I make the volta stretch to the beginning of the measure?

  You can stop the rehearsal mark influencing the volta's spacing by overriding
its X-extent property:

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'X-extent = #'(0 . 0)

  Assuming your snippet shows where you want the coda mark printed, it's just a
matter of tweaking the values in \translate:

  \translate #(cons - 5.5 6.5)

    Would it work if I were to remove the Coda from space calculations by
\overriding the TextScript's #'extra-offset?

   I doubt that would work, since #'extra-offset is applied after the spacing
calculations have finished.

  Regards,
  Neil