On Oct 21, 2010, at 5:43 PM, Jan Warchoł wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2010/10/19 Valentin Villenave <valen...@villenave.net>
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Jan Warchoł
> <lemniskata.bernoulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > (...) Lily places all related dynamics at the same vertical position level
>
> Er, it seems that we're already doing that
>
> Not exactly that. This example illustrates my idea:
>
> {
>  d'16 \< d'' d''\! d'' \> d''
>  d''\! c\< c'' c''\!
> }
>
> first and second hairpins are 'related' (in my opinion at least

Unfortunately, lilypond doesn't care about your opinion. You end a hairpin, and
then at some later point in time start a new one. Lilypond is just a dumb
program, it doesn't care if it's only a 16th note later or 200 measures later,
one is ended before the next is begun, therefore, they are no longer related.
If your input were, for example:
{
 d'16 \< d'' d''d'' \> d''
}

Then they would be related, and lilypond places them at the same vertical
height.

Regardless, what about using the snippet already linked? Does that come close
to what you are looking for?