This has all been very interesting.  But almost nobody addressed my main
question.  Namely, are there any, or many, pros out there who have chosen
LilyPond over Sibelius or Finale?  I did appreciate hearing from Kieran
MacMillan.

Somebody said there have been 2 million downloads of MuseScore.  Does
anybody know if MuseScore is gaining many former LilyPond adherents?  I know
for a fact that my girlfriend definitely prefers it.

Seth Williamson