Thanks for the responses, everyone.

I have been using the lilypond application (lilypond.app on Mac OSX), not
the command line, so didn't know about any options.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pass options to lilypond from
lilypond.app? Otherwise I guess I'll have to dive all the way into getting
a new editor set up and everything... Wow, I haven't used Vim since 1999! ;)

thanks
~peter

Peter Jaques, clarinetist & trumpeter ~ huzzam.com
director, Brass Menažeri :: brassmenazeri.com
stellamara.com + janamband.com + facebook.com/OrkestarSali