David, please don't get me wrong... LilyPond is wonderful and it is my most
used music software lately (I basically quit using any other software for
engraving my compositions, I used to work with Sibelius for several years
before). The output of LilyPond is infinitely better from any point of view,
and I finally feel my scores have the publishing quality I was longing for.
If anything I said made you think I feel the opposite, then I would like to
take it back immediately.

My very original question was about the slash problem and it was solved in
the very first reply to this thread. If I continued here writing my
opinions, suggestions, comments, bringing examples, ietc, is because I do
care very much about LilyPond and I would be more than glad to be able to
improve it in any respect I may.

Take care,
Gilberto